Thread: Qr˙nnos Continent

Map Qr˙nnos Continent

Hello Cartographers' Guild,

This are the official B&W maps I made for the Qr˙nnos Series, present in the first book: Nihier. This is my first attempt at the cartography arts, and to add, I have no experience whatsoever in design or painting, so please, be gentle.

Everything, except the titles and frames, was hand draw using a wacom tablet.

I'm thinking of coloring it, but for now I must focus on finishing the next book. The map is supposed to expand with the continuation of the series due to the discovery of new lands. Any update, I'll post here.

Enjoy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qr˙nnos-B&W-Framed.gif 
Views:	183 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	55155Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qr˙nnos-B&W---Northwest-Framed.gif 
Views:	149 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	55157Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qr˙nnos-B&W---Northeast-Framed.gif 
Views:	148 
Size:	103.4 KB 
ID:	55156Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qr˙nnos-B&W-Southwest-Framed.gif 
Views:	133 
Size:	77.5 KB 
ID:	55159Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qr˙nnos-B&W-Southeast-Framed.gif 
Views:	120 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	55158

Curiosity: the compass is an over-processed photo of one of my four cats eye: Amália.

Nice job, especially for starters. I predict you'll get really good at this. It's already way better than most folks' first maps!

What size page are these for? You've done well at not overcomplicating something that's destined for smallish book dimensions. Some of the labels could stand moving to leave more clearance from features - Val'Fi a bit to the NNW, maybe.

Rep for boldness (map in first post) but these deserve a bit anyway - they're good maps.

Welcome to the Guild Richard! Nice maps, especially for a first attempt.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

That looks really great, they have the perfect amount of detail for book maps. Very creative compass too! My rep power is still low but I'll give you what I can

Hi jbgibson,

Thanks for the compliment, it means a lot to me.

The size of this images is 500x800 for the principal and 600x800 for the divided ones. 600x800 is the maximum size amazon allows on a kindle ebook. They allow png and jpg too. But if someone save in gif, they work better across all the devices. It is, whatsoever, necessary to maintain the white background at the export.

As for boldness, I have been lurking for a while, trying to imagine how my nonexistent drawing capabilities would ever match any of you guys.

Hi arsheesh,

Thank you for the compliment and the welcoming. It's very nice to be here.

Hi Lingon,

I thought it was a touch of whimsical to have my cat's eye on the map. Really enjoyed the result of inverse effect on the main map. Wasn't quite expecting it.

Thank you for the rep, it is appreciated!