Thread: Hello!

Default Hello!

Hey everybody! New guy here. I have been drawing fictional maps since I was very little. It was something I really enjoyed and so it has carried over into my adult life. Besides actually creating it, I like creating the back stories and history to what I create.

Up to this point I have always just drawn my maps by hand but after coming across this forum, I have started scanning some of those in and updating them using gimp. The results have been awesome. I love the ability to change something without having to erase it and essentially destroy the map!

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the Guild. One of the best features of digital mapping is the ability to edit (and re-edit and re-edit etc etc) a map without destroying any of the stuff you really like. I look forward to seeing your work.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jtougas View Post
    Welcome to the Guild. One of the best features of digital mapping is the ability to edit (and re-edit and re-edit etc etc) a map without destroying any of the stuff you really like. I look forward to seeing your work.
    Thanks, it's already been a wonder having that ability.

Welcome to the Guild jimtaylor!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh