Thread: Events in Turkey

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice Facebook Connected OguzhanKavakci's Avatar

Help Events in Turkey

With a decision of government, one of the last green areas in Taksim, Istanbul was going to turned into a Mall. Protestors all around Turkey was at Gezi Park for days to stop this from happening. The demolishing order has been paused. But the people of Turkey has awoken. The pressure of the rule of the prime minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has now pushed it's limits. Ten thousands are at the Istanbul right now, resisting to the forces of the police. As i said, for now, it's only a resistance. Everyone except the police and the ruling political party AKP is with the people right now. Other events are happening in other cities too, but for now it's a battle-zone at Taksim, Istanbul. City's air is full of tear gas. Police is attacking to the protesters with cannon water and tear gas. More than 50 people are injured. At least 5 dead or about to die. As i said earlier, it's only a resistance for now. Most of the people are at the Army Houses for now, if the police keeps coming, army may interfere. All i want is your help. All WE want is your help. Please make sure our voices echoes all through earth. Please inform everyone about this over, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or whatever you use. Please..

Guild Novice Facebook Connected OguzhanKavakci's Avatar

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	426729_477333625677305_1430872363_n.png 
Views:	61 
Size:	297.9 KB 
ID:	55063

Here is an explanation.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aOqo093_700b.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	825.6 KB 
ID:	55065

It first started as a peaceful protest for the demolition of one of the last green areas in Taksim, Istanbul. About 5 AM, yesterday morning, police burned the tents of the protesters and dropped tear gasses to the park to end the protests. It grew quickly as water drops from a sink. It's not about the trees anymore. It's about the oppressive rule of the Erdogan-run party AKP. Earlier this May, Erdogan has forbidden the sales of alcohol after 10 pm. The people of Turkey has awoken right now, to destroy the Islamic rule of the administration. People's rights were getting smaller and smaller each day. Help us overthrow the obsessive rule of Erdogan. It has been eleven years since he became prime minister. Over his rule, the word of 'DEMOCRACY' lost it's meaning. And we want it back. Almost half of the country is now protesting to overthrow the government. Police is even using the forbidden chemical weapon called 'Agent Orange' against the protesters. People are dead and dying. Dogs and cats are also dying in the street with water cannons and tear gases. You can use the hashtag #direngeziparki , #direngaziparki . Here is a picture of the protest before the police attacks, Click image for larger version. 

Name:	large.jpeg 
Views:	60 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	55066

Speaking not as a Guild leader but as a fellow human being, I have enormous respect for what you and the many other protesters in Turkey are doing. I've been following this story on RT news and am outraged by your Prime minister's violent treatment of dissenters. I stand in support with you, and would be out on the streets marching with you were I in Turkey. You and the tens of thousands of Turkish citizens protesting will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Yours,
    -Tad