• An Isolated Valley - By mariuccij

25 69.44%
  • Utgardar - By Meshon

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: *** May Challenge Voting- Hexcrawl ***

Post *** May Challenge Voting- Hexcrawl ***

This month's challenge was to create an artistic hex map suitable for use in an RPG. Any genre of RPG is welcome, but each map should have some numbering system for the hexes, a map key, and should include some points of interest which could be explored by an adventuring party.

May Challenge Thumbs

Please vote for your favorite map(s), and be sure to be generous about repping those who participated in the challenge. The voting will last for 4 days and the winner will receive a golden compass and the praise, admiration and envy of his peers. May the best map win.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Carbus, Vyxxen, and mariuccij got my votes. All three fulfilled the stipulations of the challenge and were all great in their own ways. I wanted to vote for SK (badly) and bartmoss, but in the end I just didn't think either one was complete enough.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

I vote for Carbus, Diamond, and mariuccij. All are great entries. I think I try to complete the next challenge more.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

diamond gets my vote - nice, clear, well-done, and reminds me (in a good way) of old-school rpg maps

What's the current rule for how many votes you get? It seems to have changed since the last time I was here

I went with Pritior, by Carbus. Great detail when zoomed in (a lot of care went into making the hexes unique, so as not to look like they are copy-and-paste), but clean and simple when zoomed out.

Edit: I tried to give rep to all the excellent entries, but got several "need to spread rep around" messages. (I haven't been on in ages, so I don't remember who I repped last!)
    Last edited by LindaJeanne; 06-02-2013 at 10:56 AM.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I used two votes as I just couldn't decide between Schwarzkreuz and Diamond's excellent entries. All the entries were great and thanks for joining the challenge everyone. I'll be around with the Rep Cream Pies for all of you
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

My votes go to Carbus (very nice entry overall with nice hand-drawn elements) Mariuccij (nice deisgn and clever way to enter the challenge) and Diamond (very clean and consistent work with the good idea of doing a black and white entry! Some other pretty nice entries (Bratmoss Sci-Fi one is original but a bit too simple to my taste, SK's one is too empty to my taste and I'm not fully convicted by the overall consistency) Btw good job everyone!

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

I also used two votes (Pritior and Isolated Valley) for the same reason as JT Both of these look great and have all kinds of info on them. Honorable mention to Diamond and Schwarzkreuz for beautiful maps, but I felt that there was something that was missing as a hexcrawl map.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Don't get me wrong, Pritior and The Isolated Valley are very cool, but Celonahr speaks to me, man. I'm attracted to its overall composition.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast