Thread: Request for City Map Tutorial in Gimp

Guild Member Facebook Connected

Help Request for City Map Tutorial in Gimp

Thank God for RoBA and his region map tutorial for the Gimp. I was looking for something for cities and for a larger scale then the region as well. If anyone has a step by step guide for either of these in The Gimp please PLEASE let me know!!

Quote Originally Posted by angellus00 View Post
    Thank God for RoBA and his region map tutorial for the Gimp. I was looking for something for cities and for a larger scale then the region as well. If anyone has a step by step guide for either of these in The Gimp please PLEASE let me know!!
    Angellus00, even though made for Photoshop, once you get just a bit familiar with GIMP using the other tutorials (such as RobA's as you mention), you should be able to easily go through most of the other tutorials. Be sure to check out the one by pyrandon: Koppollex: A medieval town map tutorial in Photoshop If I remember correctly, RobA states that he got a lot of the inspiration for his tutorial from the referenced tutorial.

Also, Detailed tutorial: Gullside by AidyBaby is a great city map tutorial (also in PS.)

Joe
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.