Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oasis WIP

Many thanks! I'd rep you, but I apparently need to spread it around a bit first. Every time you post, I see how much further I have to go in learning Photoshop. I obviously need to start experimenting with more filters--the use you get out of motion blur far exceeds what I would have thought possible before you came around.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Actually, I only used motion blur maybe twice in my life before I started working on city sized maps. I've learned more about PS in the past 2 or 3 weeks that I've been here than I did in 5 years of online tutorials for other miscellaneous stuff like removing red eye and making realistic gold. Gimme a challenge and I'll figure out a dozen different ways to overcome it...I'm one of those kinda guys. Low down on my list of challenges right now is GIMP, I'll just follow the other's lead there

Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
    Many thanks! I'd rep you, but I apparently need to spread it around a bit first. Every time you post, I see how much further I have to go in learning Photoshop. I obviously need to start experimenting with more filters--the use you get out of motion blur far exceeds what I would have thought possible before you came around.
    Double ditto...

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Actually, I only used motion blur maybe twice in my life before I started working on city sized maps. I've learned more about PS in the past 2 or 3 weeks that I've been here than I did in 5 years of online tutorials for other miscellaneous stuff like removing red eye and making realistic gold. Gimme a challenge and I'll figure out a dozen different ways to overcome it...I'm one of those kinda guys. Low down on my list of challenges right now is GIMP, I'll just follow the other's lead there
    I think it would be GREAT if you took some of these just learned techniques and translate them to GIMP also. Each program has somethings it does that are exactly the same, some things only it can do, and some things can be done in one but with a different method in the other and being able to translate that would be sweet!

Joe
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

This one, I think, is done. I added some basic grafix as I'm not not all that talented at creating new and interesting borders and text fx. I make a tutorial for everything new I try out so that I can go back and look at my own notes and change things when I like. I'll put that up in the tuts section if anyone wants to have a go at it. Tried to incorporate the stuff into GIMP but to no avail, I need much more experience with it. Do I post this here or in Finished maps?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oasis1.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	2.54 MB 
ID:	4789  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12