Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: *** June Challenge - Mapping the Hex***

Done. I'll extend the deadline to the 1st, and if needs be, possibly to the second (but no longer).

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

The deadline has now been extended till the 2nd of June. For those who have already finished, this gives a couple extra days for any additional fine-tuning if desired. For those not finished, get to it.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Well, it is now the 2nd of June, day of the new deadline. This is a courtesy reminder that the entry posts will be locked and the polls will be opened in 1 hour.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

*sigh* Not only did I not finish, but I couldn't get on the site for the last day and a half, so it wouldn't have mattered anyway...

Yeah, I was looking forward to seeing the finished map too. Well if I recall, Ramah's Steamancer's Folly map begun as an unfinished challenge entry, and look how that turned out. Could be this is one worth continuing (though I'm sure some of the motivation to do so may be gone now that the challenge is over). Also, I've been having problems logging onto the site as well of late. Wonder what the issue is.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Well at the very least, I learned a lot doing this, so I don't consider it time wasted at any rate.

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Also, I've been having problems logging onto the site as well of late. Wonder what the issue is.
    Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    I got the message that "the servers were busy" Last month we had a similar issue at Dundjinni Forums and it was caused by hundreds of spammers tying up our servers trying to get access.

Huh, an unintended Denial of Service Attack by spammers, don't know if there is anything that can be done about that. Perhaps others more technically savvy here might have some ideas though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123