Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Old Barrows

Wip The Old Barrows

My campaign party has decided to take a break from the default campaign dungeon to do a bit of overland exploration. They've heard rumors of an ancient burial ground from a bygone age in the vicinity, and have decided to investigate. Avidiron (or the "Old Barrows" as it is commonly referred to) is the final resting place of the sorcerer oligarchs of an ancient mageocracy. Without delving too deeply into its history it is enough to say that the bodies did not rest long in their barrows; the place has become restless with undead.

At any rate, I have yet to draw an above ground map of the barrows, but here is the main dungeon level

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Avidiron LV 2.jpg 
Views:	365 
Size:	2.24 MB 
ID:	58734  

Bloody hell that's a big dungeon for an adventure. I love the old school blue-and-white mapping, and the whispy texture in the upper right looks cool. Is it water or rock or what, though?

Yeah, it's a decent sized dungeon, but a far cry from a mega-dungeon. I figure it is good for at least a few sessions. Oh and yes, the whispy texture is meant to symbolize water.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Very awesome stuff, Arsheesh. Did you make this in GIMP?

Nice old school map!

Thanks guys! Yup, this was done in GIMP. The old school monochrome is perfect for print out and moreover evokes the classic dungeon-crawl ambiance I try to elicit in my campaign.

Am I the only one that prefers these blue old-school dungeon maps over the most of the modern ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Talondor View Post
    Am I the only one that prefers these blue old-school dungeon maps over the most of the modern ones?
    Probably not.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Wip

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback. The classic blue maps are definitely growing on me as well. Here's the next level up. All of the octagon shapes are the interiors of the barrows themselves. The final map will be an exterior view of the barrows.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Avidiron LV 1.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	58870  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast