Thread: New Guy

Help New Guy

Hi im new and i have no idea what im doing. Im wanting to create a map for my book but have no idea how to do it correctly and well.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome. You should first check out the tutorial section and see if you can find a tutorial to match the kind of style you like.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Hey there, Tabulae. I'm new today as well, so don't feel too worried. There's other people feeling the same way.

Welcome to the Guild! As JT suggested, the tutorials section is a great place to begin. If you do not have any digital software then you can also download GIMP for free. While not quiet as powerful as Photoshop, it is perhaps the best freeware graphics program around. There are also several tutorials here written for it. If you have Photoshop, even better, there are heaps of tutorials here for Photoshop as well. Once you've gone through and found a tutorial you'd like to go through, post up a WIP and ask for feedback (or ask any questions you may have). This is a good way to learn new tips and tricks to improve your skill.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh