Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Canadian / US border

Default The Canadian / US border

I guess you Canadians and Americans already know all of this, but this was a fascinating watch for me

Canada & The United States: Bizarre Borders Part 2 - YouTube!

My step-sister once lived in an apartment building between the American and Canadian customs points; her kitchen was in Canada, the rest of her apartment was in the US.

Can't watch the video from here -- do they mention the library in Derby Line, VT?

Them Canadians are a shifty lot. If we don't keep that border locked down tight, there's no telling what might happen. Possibly something as devastating as an outbreak of politeness or something equally awful!

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

maybe even bring some decent beer...
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Quote Originally Posted by LindaJeanne View Post
    My step-sister once lived in an apartment building between the American and Canadian customs points; her kitchen was in Canada, the rest of her apartment was in the US.
    I'll bet that made all those laws about crossing the border with food really inconvenient.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Quote Originally Posted by Korash View Post
    maybe even bring some decent beer...
    I'll have you know that much of our beer is lovingly kidney-filtered to perfection!

Sales of insipid yellow alcoholic beverages still top the charts, despite the availability of better choices.

American craft beers rock. Anyone who drinks Bud or the like need to have their heads examined. Then again, I suspect that those beers are designed for the taste buds of the 20 year old market (sweetish, fizzy etc).

Some of the beers like Budweiser are just too powerful for many Americans; therefore, we created Bud Light and its ilk. There are vast advertising campaigns organized around the concept of just how few calories they have, for example.

As a bit of disclosure, I find the notion of drinking the effluent from rotting grain about as appealing as drinking the effluent of rotting fruit or eating rotted cow juice. Some rotten things are acceptable (chocolate, vanilla, and black tea are acceptable, for example), but I mostly prefer my food closer to alive than to mulch.
    Last edited by waldronate; 06-09-2013 at 08:57 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast