View Poll Results: June Challenge Voting (in the same order as the thumbnails)

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mennin's Hallow and environs - Midgardsormr

2 6.06%
  • Irontown - Talroth

1 3.03%
  • Fort Lost - rlucci

8 24.24%
  • Stormlit Cloister - ravells

15 45.45%
  • Small Coping - NeonKnight

1 3.03%
  • Tirylus - Torq

5 15.15%
  • Crazy Krulls Crossing - Redrobes

0 0%
  • Darkovia - Gamerprinter

1 3.03%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: June Challenge Voting

Post June Challenge Voting

June's Challenge, Build Something for the CWBP has come to an end, so it is time to vote! We were a little late getting this out, but the voting is still open for 5 days.

Again, we will use the thumbnailer, courtesy of RedRobes, to view the entries this month:

List of Entries by Thumbnail

Remember the rules, and the guidelines:

You must create a map of a settlement or structure that fits thematically and geographically with the work already done on the project. It does not have to follow any style used in the project. You are welcome to map in whatever style suits you and that you are most comfortable with.

But……..You have to map one of the following things:

A walled town or city
    An area of wilds approximately 20 miles across
    A trading town next to a river
    A coastal port
    A stretch of road approximately 50 miles long
    A ruin
    An underground lair or mine
    A couple of housekeeping items on the entries:
    - Sigurd's entry was withdrawn from the challenge, so is not available in the voting options, even though it shoes up in the thumbnails.
    - Meleeguy never got an image posted up (hence the lack of a thumbnail), so That entry is not in the list, either.

Good luck to all the entrants! The real winner of this one, however, is the CWBP!
    Last edited by RobA; 06-27-2008 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    June's Challenge, Build Something for the CWBP has come to an end, so it is time to vote!

Again, we will use the thumbnailer, courtesy of RedRobes, to view the entries this month:

List of Entries by Thumbnail

Remember the rules, and the guidelines:

A couple of housekeeping items on the entries:
    - Sigurd's entry was withdrawn from the challenge, so is not available in the voting options, even though it shoes up in the thumbnails.
    - Meleeguy never got an image posted up (hence the lack of a thumbnail), so That entry is not in the list, either.

Good luck to all the entrants! The real winner of this one, however, is the CWBP!

I assume we still have not started the vote for multiple thing eh? Damn... this is going to be SOOOOOO hard to pick just one.

Joe
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

You can blame RobA. I was going to use muliselect, but he beat me to it.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

It would have made it far easier to vote, but I suspect we'd wind up with a huge tie.

I cast my vote for rlucci's Fort Lost. It's a very useable map, clear, and attractive. It's also a site I'd very much like to explore, right down to the fight with a sea dragon in a half-submerged cavern.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What do you guys think of a trial multiselect this month? We post the SAME poll, with multiselect on, and "evaluate" the results...the multiselect poll won't count this month, but if everyone votes honestly on it, we can see whether or not it would be a viable future option.

Also, I'm glad RobA put the voting up...I am JUST NOW logging on to do it...th elast three days have been kinda hectic, and while I've been able to log on for short periods to look for any fires to put out, I haven't had time until just now to do the voting...and lo and behold its done!!! YAY!!!
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Yep, a trial multi-select poll sounds like a great idea.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I was torn between rlucci and gamerprinter because of the nice use of 3d...in the end I chose gamerprinter because he went above and beyond the 3d concept...terribly torn though...I would vote for both if it were multiselect.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

I like the idea of the trial multiselect.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Once again, lack of time on my part means no entry for me this month.

Now that being said, I did really like the idea of this month challenge with one exception, next time decide upon only ONE subject of map (may it be city, dungeon, area,...).
    Cause it's really hard to make a choice.
    Which criteria would I go for...
    In the end I decide to take a city that I would like to use in my next few games session, so I chose Torq.

Also to note that my players may soon see their doom inside rlucci castle hi hi hi hi hi....

Nice work to U all,
    Alu.
    Let my fangs find your neck, during the night, so that I can drink your knowledge ...

So it could be use here : www.l-hazard.com

Post I prefer multi-select

Given the choice, I prefer multi-select voting.

Because there are excellent examples in multiple styles - I would hate to see one style dominate, because it takes all the wins.

I voted for Ravs, all the way. The church in the top right of his monastery floorplan has a very authentic look. A style I'd certainly try, if I had access to the proper resources to compare for authenticity.

Good job, everyone!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast