Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: WIP - Region map Commission

Guild Adept Facebook Connected

Shields vs icons is a tough call. Fantasy heraldry can be a nice way of instilling some character to the political powers depicted, but shields tend to obscure terrain, and may crowd out other important features. You have enough empty space to put them in as part of your regional markings, but honestly, it looks fine without them.

The border will be back, but the shields won't since they didn't want them!
    Thanks all for the comments and the rep. The next update will probably be the whole map
    "That sounds... incredibly complicated, but there's no doubt the result is fantastic." /Diamond

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Nice icons, keep up the good job!

This is exceptional. I like the way the forests and mountains interact with one another (how they are not "independent" of one another), and the rivers are quite masterful as well. I also enjoy the fact that the city icons are all a little bit different. The lack of repetition makes it seem quite organic and fluid. An interesting mix here between outline (to appear as drawing) and painterly styles. Keep up the great work!

Really nice. I get a feel of John Bauer's style of illustrating. I played lots of pen-and-paper RPG's back home in Sweden. What kinda system is 'Järnringen'?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234