Hi all,

Five months ago, I had the idea of doing a hybrid tower defense/rpg game with 'tolkien maps' esthetics. Discovering the cartographers guild website, I saw amazing work out there and I decided to make that idea a reality by using map brushes from Schwarzkreuz and Ramah to edit levels. The game is now put on steam, where it waits to have a sufficient number of steam users to vote for it so that it can be published (see link at Steam Greenlight :: Defender Story: Episode 1).
In its present state, the game works on windows, mac, linux and android. I am presently polishing the html5 version and I will probably make an Ipad/Iphone version if I can afford the apple developer license later...
I will make the game available for download in a couple of weeks on a website, on google play, and on the chrome web browser shop.
Ok. I put some links to the videos + pictures...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	def2.png 
Views:	265 
Size:	723.5 KB 
ID:	55291
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	def6.png 
Views:	194 
Size:	780.4 KB 
ID:	55292Click image for larger version. 

Name:	def1.png 
Views:	215 
Size:	798.7 KB 
ID:	55293Click image for larger version. 

Name:	def8.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	129.1 KB 
ID:	55294Click image for larger version. 

Name:	def10.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	138.5 KB 
ID:	55295Click image for larger version. 

Name:	def3.png 
Views:	197 
Size:	854.5 KB 
ID:	55296Click image for larger version. 

Name:	def5.png 
Views:	146 
Size:	172.6 KB 
ID:	55297
So, here is the plan, if you people are willing to consider it
I feel a bit bad that the present esthetics are not as good as they could be, but I had limited funds. If enough people vote for the game on steam, and I can get a little bit of money from it, I will be able to make a sequel. In that case, I will organize a 'map' competition for 25 maps where each map will represent a game level where each selected map author will receive a commission.
So guys, thanks for your amazing work ! You are truly a source of inspiration.
And if you were remotely interested, vote for me on steam greenlight... If it works, there shall be some epic maps in the making

Cheers!
Mehdi