Thread: The Known World or, The Lands between the Grand Castellate

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip The Known World or, The Lands between the Grand Castellate

This is for a project I've been working on for many years but up until now I had no map. As I said in a previous thread, I had a world but no idea how it looked. With some help from here, I finally got to where I was happy with what I had created. Attached is an equirectangular projection of the landmasses and the Grand Castellate, a 24,000 mile wall that goes from pole to pole and back again, cutting the entire globe in half.

I'm looking to make a world map with two hemispheres much like a Blaeu map I have framed. In my imagination, it would include latitude and longitude lines, place names, legend text, et cetera.

I'm posting here because I need some help. Of course. I'm having a hard time fiddling with Photoshop and even Illustrator. I know Fireworks like the back of my hand but its limitations (such as memory and file size) are getting the best of me so I branched out to Photoshop (64 Bit) and Illustrator. But I can't seem to get around them, like how things I could do in Fireworks I can't replicate in Photoshop/Illustrator either because it's impossible or involves a technique I'm not familiar with. I own CS5.1 but never really touched the two programs. Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	equirectangular map.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	314.6 KB 
ID:	55314