Thread: Hello!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected aminowrimo's Avatar

Default Hello!

My name is Maria (you can call me amino, acid, aminowrimo, mino, ami... the list goes on. I answer to almost anything).

My main interest in cartography is in mapping the worlds and towns I create while writing. Mostly they're realistic (almost too realistic... a current project is creating a world (with tectonics and rivers and such), drawing human and language migration somewhere, and figuring out sister/mother languages for it).

I can go a little overboard, but I think that sometimes that's a good thing.

I'm looking forward to participating here!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Welcome to the guild Maria! There is no such thing as overboard... well, I might qualify that, but really, you've come to the right place to go overboard on mapping and related projects. I'll definitely be interested in seeing your ideas take shape. Post early and often!

I'm guessing you are or have been a NaNoWriMo participant? Or there is some crazy coincidence?

cheers,
    Meshon

Thanks for the welcome! I'm currently getting ready to post up a map (had to figure out a lot of climate zones).

Yes, I have been a NaNo participant since I was 13 (I'm 18 now)... I prefer going by amino or Maria, since that was the original, but apparently amino is not as unique as I thought it was, and aminowrimo makes certain I'm the only one of my kind.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected TempyTheCleric's Avatar

Hello! Welcome - i understand the going overboard thing - i do it all the time! Enjoy it here!

Thanks!

I posted a map in the regional forums... just waiting for it to be approved by a moderator.
    Last edited by aminowrimo; 06-17-2013 at 09:56 AM. Reason: updated information.

Welcome to the Guild aminowrimo! Sounds like you are going to fit right in here. Looking forward to seeing your work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh