Thread: Every river in the USA

Default Every river in the USA

The guy who made this map is the uber fieldmarshall, 5 star general of the River Police. Does anyone know why the bottom bit of Florida has so few rivers?

US rivers in the contiguous 48 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

The bottom of Florida is one big swamp, so it is about half standing water and half dry (wet?) land. There are hundreds of thousands of channels and rivulets throughout the Everglades and no real way to depict them here.

That really is an impressive map.

I saw that on a Google+ community earlier today - very cool!
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

I just looked at south FL on Google Maps, satellite view, and looking at the lakes and small channels, you can pretty much tell how water flows out of Lake Okeechobee. Looks like a giant spillway.

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected aminowrimo's Avatar

Whoa. This is amazing! I guess now I know how many rivers I can have and can't have. XD

Guild Journeyer

Hello:
    Have you ever been to Florida? The ocean encroaches upon it ever second of every day, combine that with the fact that most of that area is below water leel as in swamps, marshes and other wet lands, there should be more rivers.

Tracker

It doesn't cover 'standing' water, hence the missing water in Florida and Louisiana. Same with no lakes etc.