Thread: Starting my first map

Default Starting my first map

So I was playing with campaign cartographer 3 and this happened. As you can see I have not gotten around to placing the forest and stuff but what do you think too many rivers, too many mountains not enough, do the mountains look contrived?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new.PNG 
Views:	131 
Size:	774.8 KB 
ID:	55475
    Last edited by hamtheguy1; 06-18-2013 at 09:03 AM.

Guild Novice

Looks good, The yellowish desert looking area doesn't work, or the black area. Maybe make them blend more so its a gradual change to those regions. To make them a bit bigger

Guild Novice

One thing I did notice is that some of your lakes have two rivers leaving the lake and I remember there being some kind of rule that lakes can have multiple inlets but only one outlet. If you do a search on the forums for rivers you should find the thread easily. Other than that I think you are off to a good start.

-Car

Quote Originally Posted by Caraldur View Post
    One thing I did notice is that some of your lakes have two rivers leaving the lake and I remember there being some kind of rule that lakes can have multiple inlets but only one outlet. If you do a search on the forums for rivers you should find the thread easily. Other than that I think you are off to a good start.

-Car
    Thank you for pointing that out.

Quote Originally Posted by ready0055 View Post
    Looks good, The yellowish desert looking area doesn't work, or the black area. Maybe make them blend more so its a gradual change to those regions. To make them a bit bigger
    Thank you for pointing that, out they did look weird.