Thread: Hello, introducing myself.

Info Hello, introducing myself.

Hey there, my name is Jan and I'm a student in Belgium, studying computer science at college with as specialization software development. One of my biggest interest is history and in my free time I spend a lot of time modding games like aoeI and aoeII and creating graphics for such (if you're interested I can show some of the stuff I made). I've always been interested in maps, certainly historical ones, and map games like EU too. Now that I've required enough knowledge over the years I like to attempt to make my own games and learn to make decent maps for it. It's very interesting to see what you guys have made over the years and I hope to contribute to that.

Cheers,
    Jan

Welcome to the Guild Jan! Hope we can help you in your mission. Have a look at the tutorials section, there are a number of great map tutorials there that should help you get your feet wet. Also feel free to post up a WIP once you begin one, that way you can receive early C&C.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thanks, I'll certainly have a look at them. What are the rules on copyright? Is it okay to use material if you credit the author or do you need his explicit permission? And what does C&C mean if I may ask?

Welcome Jan!

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Welcome to the guild Jan

WIP stands for Work In Progress and C&C means Comments and Critique. And don't worry about the quality, because we will either be drooling over it or offering advice on how to make it better. There is no trolling or flaming on someone's work here. None at all. Hard to believe but true.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Thanks Viking and Korash. I already had the impression I would get the feedback here that I need for my project when I first got here. I'm glad I joined.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected TempyTheCleric's Avatar

Welcome Jan!