Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Grid Cartographer

Guild Apprentice

Grid Cartographer v1.4.2 now available: Grid Cartographer | David Walters Development Enjoy!

Changes:

* PRO: Note editing toolbar.
    * PRO: Map Labels. Toggle a note into a label with the 'label' option on the note toolbar.
    * PRO: Added Close button to the note toolbar as a mouse based alternative to <ESC>
    * PRO: Map labels added to export (if View > Labels is enabled).

* ADDED: View minor grid lines toggle.
    * ADDED: Click outside of the start / new-map dialog to dismiss it.
    * ADDED: 'Eraser' text label on toolbar.
    * ADDED: Additional information, when importing, about how custom tiles are divided into full color and tinted monochrome.
    * ADDED: Help text information about Ctrl+<Return> shortcut to quickly add multiple notes.

* CHANGED: Theme change and zoom in/out now allowed during note editing.

* FIXED: Stroke option on toolbar now only works with a valid marked area. Edit > Stroke menu unaffected.
    * FIXED: Excessive blurring on VDU theme.
    * FIXED: Undo to before a custom tile set was imported now clears any selected custom tile from the ground brush.
    * FIXED: Not absorbing clicks on the toolbar in note mode - causing the note cursor to move.

Guild Novice

I see you have and android version...
    Is there an i-version in the works?

Guild Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by lastofthemany View Post
    I see you have and android version...
    Is there an i-version in the works?
    Hi, thanks for enquiring. Sadly there is no iOS port in development right now. I'd love to make one in the future but as of right now I don't have any of the necessary equipment. I'll post back here if the situation changes.

Guild Apprentice

I've just released the first Linux Beta of Grid Cartographer.

Right now you can grab a copy from my forum here:
    David Walters Development ? View topic - Linux Beta

I'll put it on a more general release once it's been tested a bit more.
    Enjoy!

Guild Apprentice

Update v1.4.5 of Grid Cartographer is now available for Windows and Linux. ( Grid Cartographer | David Walters Development )

The main changes are:
    * Fixed a major problem exporting images using custom tiles.
    * Rewrite of the note editor text box to allow for selections, clipboard (Windows only) and double-click to select words.

- Enjoy!

Guild Apprentice

Hi everyone, I've just released v1.4.7.

Link: Grid Cartographer | David Walters Development

Change Log:

* FIXED: Notes becoming detached from tiles when rotating a selection.
    * FIXED: Start dialog is now dismissed if loading a map from the command line.
    * FIXED: Drawing a custom tile over a block based door would create new walls.
    * FIXED: Not reseting ground brush when loading new file, potentially leaving an invalid custom brush setting.
    * FIXED: Rotation and Flip menu commands causing the move/paste mode to stop.
    * LINUX: Fixed bug where menu entries may not be correctly disabled.

v1.4.6 changes:

* PRO: Added 'blue on white' premium theme.
    * CHANGED: Tweaked the other themes a little.

* FIXED: Errors with edge walls when rotating.
    * FIXED: Rotating or flipping any type of one-way door now correctly preserves direction.
    * FIXED: Clearing a marked area adjacent to a block based door may have deleted it.
    * FIXED: Cut or Copying from a marked area adjacent to a block based door may have included it.

- Enjoy

Guild Apprentice

Hi all, it's been a while since I posted here. Since then I've released v2 of Grid Cartographer. It has tons of new features, a redesigned user interface and is now available for Mac OSX.

I've just released v2.0.3 and I hope you can give it a try: Grid Cartographer 2 | David Walters Development

Congrats, Dave! You are now $12 richer! This is a fantastic utility, I can't wait to see the looks on my players' faces when they see clean, clear dungeon maps next session. A couple issues/glitches/bugs I noticed, however:
    • The wood texture is different on the top and bottom, making a strange pattern in the texture when tiled.
    • The gray arrows/X's on doors do not change with the rest of the icon, but the arrows in the Travel section do. (Not sure if this is intentional, just thought I'd mention it),
    • When markers are hidden, walls and doors in the middle of squares disappear, too (Again, might be intentional).
    • The Terrain textures don't seem to math their names. In order, they look like: "Inside" looks like it should be called "Dirt," and "Rock" looks like it should be called Cobble(s)/Stone Brick(s)/Flagstone(s). Also, Slime would work better as an overlay, rather than a base texture.
    • Editing labels needs work. It's too difficult to go back and edit pre-existing text blocks, and the blocks themselves should have freeform placement and sizes, as well as multiple rows (maybe).

Besides the five points outlined above, this program is fantastic! Great work, Dave, and thank you.

Guild Apprentice

Hey jkat, thanks very much for your support. I hope your players are impressed

Quote Originally Posted by jkat718 View Post
    The gray arrows/X's on doors do not change with the rest of the icon, but the arrows in the Travel section do. (Not sure if this is intentional, just thought I'd mention it),
    Can you explain this a bit more, I'm not sure what you mean by 'change'?

Editing labels needs work. It's too difficult to go back and edit pre-existing text blocks, and the blocks themselves should have freeform placement and sizes, as well as multiple rows (maybe).
    I agree that the editing isn't quite perfect yet. I'm working on multi-line notes (not labels) for the next update and plan to revisit the system again in further updates. I'm not sure I'll add free-form placement soon but agree the selection could be better, and have plans for things like colouring and possibly different sizes too.

The Terrain textures don't seem to match their names
    I agree, these tiles could do with a refresh in some way. Not to necessarily remove them but relegate them to a 'legacy' category.

When markers are hidden, walls and doors in the middle of squares disappear, too (Again, might be intentional).
    Yeah this is intentional. The map data is trying to be compact and I've combined the block walls with marker icons (since it seemed unlikely that you'd want both in one tile) but it does lead to this effect when you hide the marker layer.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Asbestos View Post
    Can you explain this a bit more, I'm not sure what you mean by 'change'?
    Sorry, missing a word. They don't change color.

I agree that the editing isn't quite perfect yet. I'm working on multi-line notes (not labels) for the next update and plan to revisit the system again in further updates. I'm not sure I'll add free-form placement soon but agree the selection could be better, and have plans for things like colouring and possibly different sizes too.
    This shouldn't be a priority, but Ctrl+Shift+Arrow should select individual words.

I agree, these tiles could do with a refresh in some way. Not to necessarily remove them but relegate them to a 'legacy' category.
    Good idea.

Yeah this is intentional. The map data is trying to be compact and I've combined the block walls with marker icons (since it seemed unlikely that you'd want both in one tile) but it does lead to this effect when you hide the marker layer.
    Okay, that makes sense.

EDIT:
    Quick question: What are the differences between the "Annotation," "Interactive," "Effects," and "Features" options?
    Last edited by jkat718; 05-11-2014 at 07:35 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast