Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Grid Cartographer

Guild Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by jkat718 View Post
    EDIT:
    Quick question: What are the differences between the "Annotation," "Interactive," "Effects," and "Features" options?
    Nothing really they're all markers, I've just grouped them like that to try and help the user. I plan to add more icons to these categories over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Asbestos View Post
    Nothing really they're all markers, I've just grouped them like that to try and help the user. I plan to add more icons to these categories over time.
    Oh, okay. I was wondering if they had anything to do with the fact that the rotating room, turntable, and pressure plate markers are animated. What are the chances of having semi-transparent textures, overlayed over the ground? For example, placing Dirt ground, with Slime over it, or Water over Stone?

Guild Apprentice

v2.0.4 has been released! Key changes are:

* Multi-line notes
    * Colour tinted ground blocks
    * New 'setup' tab with per-map grid settings.

Full Change Log:
    David Walters Development ? View topic - Update v2.0.4

Enjoy!

Oh, okay. I was wondering if they had anything to do with the fact that the rotating room, turntable, and pressure plate markers are animated. What are the chances of having semi-transparent textures, overlayed over the ground? For example, placing Dirt ground, with Slime over it, or Water over Stone?
    This should be possible already by setting the alpha of a custom colour tile and painting it on the marker layer. However I would suggest creating a pre-baked slime + dirt / water + stone custom tile outside of the GC and importing it in as a terrain layer. This will let you put other markers on top.

ps. I added ctrl+left/right to v2.0.4, it's a useful shortcut!!

* Multi-line notes
    ps. I added ctrl+left/right to v2.0.4, it's a useful shortcut!!
    Thank you!

* Colour tinted ground blocks
    This should be possible already by setting the alpha of a custom colour tile and painting it on the marker layer. However I would suggest creating a pre-baked slime + dirt / water + stone custom tile outside of the GC and importing it in as a terrain layer. This will let you put other markers on top.
    Okay, thanks. I'll check it out.

EDIT:
    Now that ENTER creates a new line in Notes, is there a keyboard shortcut for Accept, or do you have to use the button on the top right?
    Last edited by jkat718; 05-14-2014 at 05:50 PM.

Guild Apprentice

EDIT:
    Now that ENTER creates a new line in Notes, is there a keyboard shortcut for Accept, or do you have to use the button on the top right?
    Currently there is no shortcut but I'm strongly considering adding one in the next version. Probably CTRL+Enter.

CTRL+Enter makes sense. Would it be possible to add the option to create additional layers? Or at least adding in a GM-Only layer? That way, to print player maps, you only need to turn off one layer, rather than finding each marker you want to hide and deleting it. If I'm ever being too demanding, feel free to tell me to back off.

Guild Apprentice

CTRL+Enter makes sense. Would it be possible to add the option to create additional layers? Or at least adding in a GM-Only layer? That way, to print player maps, you only need to turn off one layer, rather than finding each marker you want to hide and deleting it. If I'm ever being too demanding, feel free to tell me to back off.
    Thanks for the request. I'm not sure I'll be adding in additional layers soon but I do plan to move onto working on a new 'regions' feature which I think can solve the problem of making a GM and Player version of a map.

Always happy to hear requests, I just have a huge list already and so it's more a matter of time than anything :-)

Here's an export of my first GC2 map:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jailhouse1 - Basement 1 (5-20-14 22-12).png 
Views:	114 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	64290

Name:	Jailhouse1 - Ground (5-20-14 22-13).png 
Views:	124 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	64291

Name:	Jailhouse1 - Floor 1 (5-20-14 22-13).png 
Views:	96 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	64292

Name:	Jailhouse1 - Floor 2 (5-20-14 22-13).png 
Views:	71 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	64293

It's a two-level guard/jailhouse, with a secret bunker in the basement and a small watchtower on one corner. There are notes for everything, including D&D stats for every door and the contents of every chest.

Going from the top (of the list, but the bottom of the building), we have:
    • The basement (with secret bunker and high security cells)
    • The main floor (with guard rooms, storage, and low security cells, one of which has a secret door in it)
    • The second floor (with the sheriff's/captain of the guard's room)
    • The watchtower (with a supply chest)

If anyone's interested, I could upload the map file here.

Guild Apprentice

Hey everyone. I've just released v2.0.5, a free update focused on improved grid settings.

Adjustments to the major grid size now allow for any size from 2 to 64 tiles in either axis independently. You can also limit the grid to a number of major tiles along both axes (instead of just 1 tile as in past versions). Changes have also been made to enhance the axis values settings.

I've also added the shortcut CTRL+Enter (CMD+Enter on Mac OSX) to complete a note without needing to click the tick button on the UI.

DOWNLOAD HERE: Grid Cartographer 2 | David Walters Development

Guild Apprentice

It's been a little while in the making but the v2.0.6 update is now available for all platforms. This is a free update for existing v2.x series customers.

Grid Cartographer | David Walters Development

* New 'regions' feature allowing for multiple map stacks within one file.
    * Full support for all keyboard languages and layouts with font support for Asian languages.
    * Rewrite of the undo system to massively boost performance on large maps.
    * Loads of fixes and minor improvements in many areas.

full change log: David Walters Development ? View topic - Update v2.0.6

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast