Thread: Inn on the cliff

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Wip Inn on the cliff

I'm writing an adventure for Tuesday evening - just a simple 1st level run through for a new 4e game - and the first encounter is a fight in the snow with a pack of wolves on the outskirts of a town. The town used to be large and well defended, but has shrunk over the last few decades. The outer walls have fallen into disuse and neglect and are little better than ruins. However one structure still stands outside the new town walls - the Storm's Watch Inn (thanks for the name Del!). It stands out over the cliff with a spectacular view up and down the fjord. Even though it is a good distance from the town these days it still gets regular custom. So here the initial sketch. C&C appreciated as always, though this is in a very early stage:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WolfAttack.jpg 
Views:	480 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	4727

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

though I probably know the answer to this question.... I guess I'll be the scale police here, but..... SCALE!?!?!

and... Yer welcome on the name... cause it is a great name!! just love it myself.... i'm gonna name EVERYTHING stormwatch...!!!

Can't wait to see you put some color and texture to the map

Blog Entries

We had a december challenge where several of us done an Inn on a cliff top. Might be useful...

http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=1342

Ah, that was when I was having a cartography break. Missed that one. They were some really great entries! That was fun to look through. Very handy.

Okay, so I had a little more time for mapping this weekend before having to accept the week might have started. Got the basic lines in for this map and created a new background to have a shot with. Not sure how this will work with the colours, but it will be interesting to give it a shot. Hopefully the cold background colours will lend a wintry chill to it.

Name:	WolfAttack1.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	4747

Another quiet evening - now got the trees in. All elements have their own masks as well - a lot less painful this time.

Anyway, here is the map in its current lineart form:

Name:	WolfAttack2.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	4771