Thread: Tarnath

Default Tarnath

I finished up a map that was gathering some dust. Itīs a basis for my ongoing worldbuilding project, mainly for my own entertainment. We used to play in a small part of this world for about 2 years with a homemade game system called Dimorph, hence the different title. It was fun but we moved on, leaving behind a piece of heart that will always long to make the game and itīs world more complete than it is. I think it will stay with me for a long time. Hope you enjoy it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tarnath.jpg 
Views:	478 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	55603

Love the colors on this one. Can't you introduce your world to "new" players at some point? Both of my longstanding campaigns for my homebrew world of Eriond ended when I left the states, but I've since found new players in New Zealand to continue playing within the world. It would be a waist to let something you care about like this go unattended. Just a thought.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Hey dude, nice colours and all, just two things.

1) The glacial lands get over the border.
    2) The mountains are too sharp?

Good job.

THX for the critic. Border overlap is intentional and regarding the mountains I to think that at the highest resolution ( here is 50% ) some lines seem to be artificial. I think itīs rooted in the construction process. They are not shaded by hand after all. Glad you liked it.

Look, I'm no expert by any means, but these ones really seem artificial. Try to soften the highest peaks (check the pic, something is clearly out of place, no?), good luck mate =)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map.png 
Views:	101 
Size:	322.7 KB 
ID:	55685

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

I concur with Gan, the mountains looks too sharp. Also I'd avoid to use bad curving text tool for the labeling and use paths instead, this will avoid bad looking distorded fonts. Also you have 2 same labels windhagberge