Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: June 2013 Entry: Ruins of Dragon Port

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

That's a very fine map! Clear and neat

Guild Novice

Very good looking map-coastline, island, waves, colour scheme...high-res, big size ! Wonderful. Beautiful. looks like you have a vision, skill and technical know-how to make it come true! As a new comer to map making (in fact a new comer to GIMP as well) this is the kind of map I will hope to produce one day, soon!

Guild Apprentice

Very nice, missing some sheep heheh do like the hedges for house separation.

Quote Originally Posted by - Max - View Post
    That's a very fine map! Clear and neat
    Thanks Max, that is a high compliment coming from you.

Quote Originally Posted by mssandhu View Post
    Very good looking map-coastline, island, waves, colour scheme...high-res, big size ! Wonderful. Beautiful. looks like you have a vision, skill and technical know-how to make it come true! As a new comer to map making (in fact a new comer to GIMP as well) this is the kind of map I will hope to produce one day, soon!
    Thanks mssandhu, I was in your shoes nearly 4 years ago when I first came here. Keep at it and you'll get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Londonsmee View Post
    Very nice, missing some sheep heheh do like the hedges for house separation.
    Yeah you're probably right, what with the Mercer's Guild there likely would be sheep about. If I had more time (i.e. if I didn't have to get back to the academic work I've been neglecting) I'd add crofts and fields along the road to the town, perhaps with some sheep. It will have to wait for another map.

Thanks everyone for all the feedback and constructive criticism.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Beyond impressive! The way you transition the water to rock, rock to grass, and the detail in the layers is spectacular. I love being able to see the individual stones in the walls and tiles on the roofs.

JSP
    "Not all those who wander are lost." -J.R.R. Tolkien

-Shards of the Dark Age- My blog
    -Last Apocalypse Forge-

Thanks so much JSP, I put a lot of hours into trying to blend things just right.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Carbus's Avatar

It is a fantastic entry Arsheesh! The textures fit very well, wish I had your skills, I always mess up when trying a realistic style .
    Already got my vote, like and rep!

Thanks Carbus!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234