Thread: Hello everyone

Default Hello everyone

I just wanted to say hello to you guys, there is some amazing work on here! I found this place while searching for maps, I am designing a board game ( don't worry im not stealing anything) But this place is giving me lots of inspiration. Do any of you do work for stuff like games?

Welcome to the Guild wwgames! We've actually had one or two monthly challenges where the goal was to create a map for a board game. In fact, though last month's challenge involved a hex map, one contributor (who had one of the winning contributions) created a hex based board game which he hopes to make into a board game. I've also seen several others here who have done the same. So while it isn't exactly common, it's not rare either to find people here working on maps for a board game.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Welcome to the Guild wwgames! We've actually had one or two monthly challenges where the goal was to create a map for a board game. In fact, though last month's challenge involved a hex map, one contributor (who had one of the winning contributions) created a hex based board game which he hopes to make into a board game. I've also seen several others here who have done the same. So while it isn't exactly common, it's not rare either to find people here working on maps for a board game.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    interesting, I suck at making maps so far haha. How would I got about seeing if anyone would being interested in doing some work for my board game? I don't know if it's kosher to ask outright or against he rules? i'm new and don't want to anger the community.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

There's actually a whole subforum dedicated to mapmaking requests; ask away. The natives are friendly.

Thank you for the information, They do seem really nice here I just didn't want to be seen as a spammer or something haha. This place is great, I love maps! haha

Question, would there be a reason my post are not showing up in the board gaming forum?

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

just caught up in the mod queue...you have 5 posts now so that should no longer be a prob. BTW, I deleted your thread over in the Board Gaming forum that you said was a double post.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Thanks again for the help!