Thread: Deserted Mines

Hybrid View

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Post Deserted Mines

So in homage to the new edition of D&D I am putting together an adventure for my group using 4e. I thought we'd keep the first one simple so I fell back on the old disused mine full of goblins. A short while after deciding that and I have a series of map layouts. As with the other ones I've put up today, these are really rough (with the first being the roughest of all).

Entrance to the mines:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mines.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	649.0 KB 
ID:	4728

Upper Mine level:

Name:	minesInternalUpper.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	818.9 KB 
ID:	4730

Lower Mine level:

Name:	minesInternalLower.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	853.7 KB 
ID:	4729
    Fantasy Map Blog | My food illustration
    Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Community Leader Facebook Connected delgondahntelius's Avatar

watch out on those goblins ... that party from Wolfdell.... my first 4e TPK .... and it was goblins ... and it was the standard lvl 3 encounter... but I admit they had some bad rolls that night ... and I had some exceptional rolls.... so much in fact that if I had fudged anymore it would have been obvious that I was going to considerable lengths to keep them alive... but they had fun.. I had fun... and that's what its all about ..

I'm not sure what that first map is... but the other two look good... Scale.... would be nice
    Don't Forget!! Rate a Tutorial Today; Add a TAG to a thread today; CLICK on a GOOGLE ADLINK once today!

Yep. I admit that first one is a bit of a 'note to self...' map rather than something anyone else could understand. all will become clear in time.

These ones have a scale - 1 square=5'
    Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Community Leader Facebook Connected delgondahntelius's Avatar

Torstan... you are by far one of my favorite mappers on here.... keep up the good work...
    Don't Forget!! Rate a Tutorial Today; Add a TAG to a thread today; CLICK on a GOOGLE ADLINK once today!

Okay, so I have the next instalment in my 4e game this evening so I am trying to get some maps out for it. Here's the mine entrance in line form:

Name:	MineEntrance.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	328.3 KB 
ID:	5057

Quote Originally Posted by torstan View Post
    Okay, so I have the next instalment in my 4e game this evening so I am trying to get some maps out for it. Here's the mine entrance in line form:

Name:	MineEntrance.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	328.3 KB 
ID:	5057

It is amazing how you can take something that I have NO CLUE what it is in a sketch and turn it into such an incredible piece of art... Looking forward to how this comes out.

Joe
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.