Thread: An Introduction of Me.

Default An Introduction of Me.

My name is Pop, or Victrix, either is fine by me.

I love maps, oh do I love maps and fantasy worlds with there magical stories of danger and adventure.

I would like to create my own fantasy worlds and maps and stories so I thought I might as well come to the best place to discuss in topic those things.

To be honest, I am already working on my first world which I plan on working on for a very long time, fleshing out everything in it from histories to native fruits and flowers of a region.

The world I am working on right now is named "Id", the world of Id.

And here is a map of the super continent which lies on Id, I have not come up with a name for it yet, though through the many cultures of the world there will be many names.

It is still, very much, a work in progress which I shall continue to work on for a while on this large map, I will then take up making maps for all the different regions, then cities. I may hop around on what maps I'm working though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ContinentOnPlanetID.png 
Views:	39 
Size:	2.73 MB 
ID:	55553

Thank you for reading my introduction, I will see you around this forum now for I shall be on it a good amount.

Welcome to the Guild Pop! Well you have certainly come to the right place to discuss map-making and fantasy worlds. As to your WIP map of the super-continent, the hand drawn style looks good so far, and the parchment is appropriate, but the blue is completely out of sync with the hand drawn style. My recommendation would be to stick with a parchment background throughout the map, and either make the water slightly darker (e.g. by creating a water later, coloring it black and then lowering the opacity and changing the layer mode to "overlay") or by creating wave to surround it, or both. At any rate, be interested to see this develop. You may wish to post a WIP of this up in the Regional Maps section where it will receive more views and thus more constructive feedback.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh