Thread: Malak Harbor

Wip Malak Harbor

As part of the blog I have, corresponding with the series of books I'm writing, I will soon post the logs of the ship The Island Rose. This ship was a vessel of war built in the province of Malak during the height of the Roheline Empire.

Almost fifteen hundred years after the founding of the empire, it had outposts around the world, including Malak, but this was about to change. Dragons descended on the empire and waged a war lasting over one hundred years and leaving the empire fragmented. The opening attack was against Malak and The Island Rose was the only ship to survive that attack. She sailed over three thousand imperial leagues to warn the emperor of the coming war.

This map, which will accompany the story of the ship, is of the harbor just before the attack. I still have to put in hills, forests, and roads. I'd also like to get any feedback as to anything more that needs to be done.

A special thanks go out to Ascension for his excellent tutorial on Ancient Maps.

Edit: I forgot to put the blog: it's The Wizards of Üks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Malak.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	55545
    Last edited by WillP; 06-20-2013 at 06:42 PM.

I have gotten some more work on this map and it's almost a "Finished Map," unless someone sees something glaring on it. I will pick it back up in about a week and see what I think.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Malak Big Map.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	55848

The font in the frame is a little bit blurry.Other than that I think it's alright. Thanks for the link, most writter don't share that information.

Guild Member Facebook Connected Gumboot's Avatar

Looks good. I agree with Azelor about the font. You don't need the outside glow effect; that's traditionally more something you use to make dark text stand out against a dark background or light text against light. With your border, there's plenty of contrast between the text and the background so the outside glow just makes the text look blurry. The same goes for the blue border pattern.