Hi everyone.

I've found myself admiring maps for the past month or so and recently found a link to this forum on the sub-reddit for World Building. Needless to say, I am slightly impressed with the work being done here, especially as I am completely useless with a pen or a Photoshop brush. I've been working on the concept of a novel as a gift for someone that I hope to piece together bit by bit over the coming months/year and alongside this novel I'd like to have a map of the world it's based on.

I did have a look at the requests forum, but saw nothing that spoke of pricing. I suppose my newbie question is how much this would cost? Very vague estimates are fine, but I just want to be able to budget myself to afford an awesome map for this as it is hopefully a book that will stay with the person for the rest of their life or maybe even pass to their children. It's one of those gifts.

Some details of myself, of course: Nineteen years of age, Canadian, and an aspiring writer. I identify myself as an agnostic humanist and couldn't really pick a political party even if I wanted to. I'd like to consider myself a decent human being and an alright conversationalist with adequate opinions. We shall see if this holds true.

Is there anything I should particularly be aware of now that I am a member here?