Thread: Cliff for VTT

Map Cliff for VTT

Someone on RPTools Forums requested a cliff for VTT - so here's a cliff using the same techniques I used to create my Winterscape maps, with a warmer season in mind!

Basically 200 x 200 feet at 1" = 5 feet, 100 ppi.

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cliff.jpg 
Views:	916 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	4748  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Its very pretty. I think its more successful than your winter maps.

Maybe its my monitor but my mind cant decide what part is low and what is high.

sigurd

Post The shadows?

I'd think it would be obvious, but look at the shadows, being cast to the right side of the map. Thus the left is higher.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

That's a great map. Thanks a lot.

I was also slightly thrown by the lighting - I thought the shadow heading WNW was actually a gash in the ground, but now I look closer I understand it. Good stuff as always!

Very nice as usual GP. Only one real comment for you this time. If you feather your edges it will cut down on the sharp jarring edge between the photo realistic textures. The thumbnail version looks awesome, but at the higher resolution those sharp edges just push me out of the image. Plus the feathering will allow the layers to "combine" and not have such a "stacked" appearance.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.