Thread: Tellmun NW

Guild Novice

Wip Tellmun NW

Hello,

this is the north western part of the region Tellmun, for my current D&D setting. It's my first regional map, and I think I'm going for a kind of ink on parchment feel to it, so if anyone have any advice it would be most welcome!

The outline for the map is finished, but the mountains and forests and hills and stuff is just a quick sketch to get the placement down. The blue lines are not rivers but roads (well, roughly where I was thinking the roads should go.).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tellmun.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	2.30 MB 
ID:	55566

Regards,
    Melvin

Looking very promising. Not sure if you have any already, but textured brushes would give a much more hand-drawn look to it. The current outline is a tad too smooth and digital-looking.

Also this may be due to the smoothness of the brush, but the uneven thickness of the coastline makes it look a bit unfinished, particularly the gaps in the coast. Though I'm sure with some texture it would look more authentic.

Guild Novice

So I've made some updates to the line work. And I'm much more happy with this myself.

I got rid of the very clean lines. Feel free to provide more feedback and advice, I really appreciate it!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tellmun.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	55764

Regards,
    Melvin