Thread: Jungle for VTT

Map Jungle for VTT

Playing with some tropical vegetation... a Jungle map for VTT...

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jungle.jpg 
Views:	1311 
Size:	629.3 KB 
ID:	4755  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Nice! This one lays much nicer with the feathering. Well done. There does seem to be an artifact of some sort to the right and down of center. There is a sort of grass patch with a sharp edge.

Also there is a pixel halo around the palm trees that disconnects them from the map.

I love that green water! That is just down right pretty. Is that a single texture or a layer effect? I would love a copy of that texture if that is what it is.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Post Couple issues

I see those discrepancies now, I did this very late last night and missed those errors - will fix them tonight.

I will also upload my palm tree map objects into the mapping elements forum for those who want to use them.

RP, that is a layer effect with 2 different textures and transparency applied, however, I can easily convert this into a single texture. I'll do this for you tonight as well.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Awesome! Thanks.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

I like the cliffs, it's a little touch that kind of maps the map area stand out "just" a bit. I really dig the ferns (could you make those available as well?) and the smaller wispy ground vegetation is very nice. There is something about the palm trees I don't like though, but not sure what. A bit plasticy so to speak, perhaps it's the halo RP mentioned?

Joe
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Post Green Water

Here's the green water texture! 200 ppi PNG file.

GP

PS: tell me if you need it larger.

Name:	greenwater.png 
Views:	170 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	4759  
    DrivethruRPG store

That doesn't appear to be tilable.

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected

This is perfect now to figure out how to make a 1000 miles of it to surround my Island ..lol (which in fact is a very large Volcano...)

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

RPMiller - here is a tileable version, however it doesn't work as well tiled - the pattern is too small imho

and now I'm looking at i again, I could have smoothed the light greens some more - well, it was a quick job. *lol*

Name:	swamp.jpg 
Views:	3314 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	40620  
    Last edited by tilt; 12-14-2011 at 05:24 AM.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise