Thread: Hi to all Medieval/Ancient mapmakers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Applicant

Default Hi to all Medieval/Ancient mapmakers

Hi all,

As the editor of Medieval Warfare (Medieval Warfare), a popular-scientific magazine about all aspects related to medieval military history, I'm always looking for new stuff related to researching and building maps of lands and regions during the Middle Ages. If you have experience with working on maps on a (semi-)professional level, or if you think that you can contribute to our magazine in one way or another, please don't hesitate to send me a message.

For those of you more interested in ancient times, we also publish Ancient Warfare magazine (Home)

Kind regards,
    Dirk van Gorp

Welcome to the guild!
    My finished maps

Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)

Welcome to the Guild Medwarmag! Well warfare of any age is not my forte (that would be my father's department, he was a history major who specialized in the Civil War). But there are no doubt others here more knowledgeable. If you happen to frequent the forums here I'm sure you'll bump into them. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

I am an avid fan, albeit far from educated, of the medieval period of history. Aside from mapmaking, I am also an armourer, black/bladesmith, and bowyer. That's a great magazine and website you have going on there!

JSP