Thread: WIP - Galaxy map

Default WIP - Galaxy map

Hello!

This is a commission in progress. I little bit different from all the fantasy maps I'm making
    I'm going to work some more on the city-textures on the planets.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	siriusgalaxy4.jpg 
Views:	2412 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	55724
    "That sounds... incredibly complicated, but there's no doubt the result is fantastic." /Diamond

I like it. I hope those planets are terraformed, because most of them are probably well out of the star's naturally habitable zone. Also, the star being smaller than most of the planets is kind of jarring to me lol. Of course you can't make it to scale, but I'd make it bigger nonetheless.

Looking really nice so far. I'm currently working on a couple of system/planet commissions in a similar style so it's interesting to compare notes. I like your isometric use of a hex grid. It provides a great scale and is a nice component of a sci-fi aesthetic.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

This is VERY cool. I love the ISO layout. This is a single star system with the galaxy on the side? The scale of the planets is a difficult thing to represent... actual scale would be ridicules but something more representing of the different sizes could give more of a feel of the comparative sizes.

I know nothing about galaxy mapping, but just wanted to say that I agree with Scot Harvest...the ISO perspective looks wonderful. And the whole layout, presentation, colours, etc. are really well done. A very beautiful map!

Thank you all!
    This is a single star system with the galaxy on the side?
    Scot: Haven't thought about it that way, but I would say it's a single galaxy with a star-system on the side! hehe
    Last edited by Obbehobbe; 07-22-2013 at 05:32 PM.
    "That sounds... incredibly complicated, but there's no doubt the result is fantastic." /Diamond

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Nice Design! But I feel with the Planets its abit crowded.