Thread: WiP - World map

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default WiP - World map

http://www.cartographersguild.com/fi...258-world.html

Remember that one? Probably not.
    Anyway, I lost all my stupid files time ago, and I never had a really good map of the world, my world.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aven.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	2.52 MB 
ID:	55729

I already recreated it, I found it almost perfect, edited and tweaked something, but just minor things. Plus, I removed the top left island, was useless and had no story.

So, what I want to make is basically a very simple map, showing the mountains and the vegetations, not even the rivers. What do you suggest in a map with this style? Draw them by hand? Or making various layers for different high levels? I have no idea how to proceed.

A question - You see the two big lakes/sea in the two continents? I'm no geographic expert, I know I should know at least something about this, but sorry I'm really stupid regarding these things. Is it possible that the right lake is a salt lake? No river go in and no river go out, just a big depression. For the other one: is it possible for it to be surrounded by mountains for 3/4 of the space, leaving only a bit where one big river flows out?

- Thank you guys, hope to hear ya soon, good luck with your projects

EDIT - Damn, forgot the map lol. Added at start.
    Last edited by Gan; 06-27-2013 at 02:57 PM.