Thread: Temporarily Finished with my first map

Default Temporarily Finished with my first map

I did not post this in finished maps because I'm more then likely going to change this map alot remove things add things and stuff like that. I know it looks kind of bland and uninteresting but It will grow with the story and plots I make up. For now im going to leave it as it is. What do you think? how did I do for my first map does anything stand out or look awkward?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UPPERL~2.JPG 
Views:	161 
Size:	4.55 MB 
ID:	55734

Guild Apprentice

For a first maps that's pretty good. Only having a know world is a great starting point.

Could I suggest maybe not just the lush green, a varied type of environments will give you a greater flexibility when playing on the map.

What are you tools you use.

Quote Originally Posted by Londonsmee View Post
    For a first maps that's pretty good. Only having a know world is a great starting point.

Could I suggest maybe not just the lush green, a varied type of environments will give you a greater flexibility when playing on the map.

What are you tools you use.
    I just use campaign cartographer, I'm still trying to get the hang of it, I do not mean to sound silly but what other terrains can I use, I mean even in my maps beginning stage looking at it I feel like there is still so much I could still do with it but I don't know what.
    Last edited by mahtheguy1; 06-27-2013 at 11:24 PM.

Guild Apprentice

Been a while since i've used that. Think its time to move it to photoshop or gimp. Campaign cartographer was a limited program if i remember rightly.