Thread: Hello from a huge map nerd!

Guild Applicant

Default Hello from a huge map nerd!

Hi everyone! I'm glad to have stumbled across this forum. I love maps and I think I'll fit in well here!

I don't really create maps, except for sketches, as I have very little artistic talent, but I love looking at maps. Old maps, fantasy maps, sci fi maps, any kind of map.

I'm also currently in the middle of writing a novel set in a fantasy world, and the main character is a cartographer. It's an alternative world where everyone loves and respects maps, and they even use maps rather than writing to communicate. I'm just writing in my free time, and I don't know if it will ever get published, but it's a fun side project.

In addition, I have a blog devoted to maps here: Petros Jordan | Where maps, history, and fantasy come to mingle
    I mostly blog about historical and fantasy maps, but I also talk about the progress of my novel from time to time. Check it out and follow if you like it!

See you all around the forum!

Petros

Welcome to the Guild Petros, you'll find that there are other writers here with similar ambitions. Look forward to seeing you around.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh