Thread: CC3 - Replicating a "cut-in" dungeon style

Question CC3 - Replicating a "cut-in" dungeon style

Hi All,

First-time poster here, and I LOVE this site! I've been a super-casual user of CC3 and DD3 for about a year now, having only really used it as a "toy" when I'm bored. That being said, I'm going to be starting up a new 13th age campaign and need some help with dungeon mapping.

Last year, I found a great set of mapping tutorials from Dr. Zeuss. One of his sample maps is attached. I'd love to be able to replicate this style of map in DD3, in particular, the "cut-in" type of dungeon room with the bezelled/outlined walls. Any ideas on how I can do something similar in CC3? I've been playing with Wall Effects (bezel, inner glow, etc.), and can't even get close.

Cheers,
    Ex

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-06-28 14_41_33-Map Gallery - DrZeuss.png 
Views:	246 
Size:	266.9 KB 
ID:	55746

I wrote a little tutorial on how to achieve the effect your talking about...I posted up on the guild (somewhere) but also have it up on my blog...here is the link...hope it helps.
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.