Thread: WIP - Yanorim

Wip WIP - Yanorim

Started working on a world map for my homebrew game. Its my first real attempt to map a world...so trying to take my time with it. Look forward to any comments/criticisms/insights that some of the Veterans might have to offer.

Some of my big questions right now: Are the lakes too big? Are there too many of them? Are they too close to the coast? I've started laying down mountains (need to raise them up more and detail them)...but wondering if I have enough of them, too much, are they properly shaped, etc.

Pretty happy with the ocean, coast and border for the moment, but any comments/criticisms/suggestions on those are obviously welcomed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yanorim.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	3.26 MB 
ID:	55750
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Not a great fan of the border but nice land shape overall!

Well, I think the colours are quite nice.
    Concerning the lakes and the other stuff, I guess it depends on the idea of your world that you've got in mind while mapping.
    Lakes could be small and huge, see the Caspian Sea, the biggest lake of our world. There could be many big lakes in one place like the Great Lakes of the United States, there could be whole countries without lakes bigger than a pool.

Also there could be lakes close to the shore and far off, like Lake Constance and the Mecklenburg Lake District.

There is no rule how big and how many and so on lakes or mountains should be. They only have to fit in the world and make sense.