Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Region/City WIP

OK. Here's the next stage...

Not sure I'm crazy about the style/placement of labels for the individual islands... I'm going to continue working on that.

Also a few small notes (change the "ship" verbage to "vessel", etc)...

Those two pairs of feet near Cellini's passage? The GM wanted evidence of the "First Peoples", and suggested the remains of a couple of Colossi at the harbor's entrance. Voila. And a "modern" fort built into the plinth of one of them as well, helping to defend the city from sea-bound attacks.

The GM also requested that there not be too many bridges - many of the spans are too large for "modern" technology to cross. The one loooooong bridge is a leftover from the same "First Peoples" as the Colossi - Most of the populace moves between islands via small boat.

Thoughts?
    PD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RQ TW labeled.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	5624  

I really like the look of the built up cities on the islands, it did make me wonder what they do there to live? Merchants? The color is great on the map and I think it should make a great game map!

Thanks.

Yes, taking (some) inspiration from Venice - another canal based city, this city is centered around trade - they have decent ship-yards (located in the satellite town of Cincarra, across the Bay of Jewels). The GM has written up some background/history, and minor details of the islands, which I'll post when I get the map finished.

PD

I like the broken statue at the mouth of the harbor. It is reminiscent of the Colossus of Rhodes. It's a great touch.

Great palette!

I wonder about the ocean-going ship limit, though. Even today, aircraft carriers can travel by river to Philly, and back in the day, ships could sail quite a distance up major rivers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12