Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Meridin Hill - modern horror project

I'd certainly like to hear about your monsters. This is a pretty neat project... I'm really not usually into this sort of stuff (excepting concept monsters which fill a good quarter of my sketchbooks ) but I have to say this project you have going is extremely well done.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Default Sv: Meridin Hill - modern horror project

Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
    I'd certainly like to hear about your monsters. This is a pretty neat project... I'm really not usually into this sort of stuff (excepting concept monsters which fill a good quarter of my sketchbooks ) but I have to say this project you have going is extremely well done.
    Glad to hear that! I'm still working on many of the monsters but I've got some of them fleshed out. There will be mostly humanoid monsters, amongst which there will be infected hobos, vomiting tar at the heroes. There'll be some standard escaped inmates and dirty cops. Then we'vw got the crazed firemen, affected by a strangr madness that sweeps through the city (this will be a mayor plot device at the moment). One of the bigger monsters atm is the butcher, a massive man killing anything that gets close (except his apprentices of course) turning them into back alley dishes. I'm also working on shady doctors and nurses, along with a mortician, who's turned to the sewers for their underground practices. And last (writing on my phone so please excuse the short descriptions) are a swedish mythological beeng called 'myling' which is prettt much the ghost of a murdered, unbaptized child. According to legend they can take many shapes, so I'm still working on the looks for them. They won't directly attack unless provoked, but will attract other monsters.

Oh, there's also going to be the bloated corpses of drowned hookers and an electric clown (he was put in a makeshift electric chair). Many of the monsters will (hopefully) be a bit silent hill-esque, but still unique for this game.

Skickat från min GT-I9100 med Tapatalk 4

A quick update:

The monsters will behave differently, and will be game controlled. Ie there won't be a monster player or anything like that, all players are on the same team. Some monsters will be more prone to attack each other than the heroes, others will be roaming around the tunnels, meaning you will have to plan your way through some sections. Sometimes you'll get a heads up, like "In three rounds a butcher will arrive in this room", other times you'll be ambushed. Some of them will actively try to escape if outnumbered or overmatched, while others will go out of their way to pursue the heroes.

Heroes: So far there are 5 playable characters:
    The Brawler
    The Agent
    The Pilgrim
    The Hitman
    The Vigilante

These are not balanced agiainst each other in the ense that you have to have all of them, or any one special to make it through an adventure. Odds are no matter what character you play you won't make it anyhow (just kidding, but the difficulty is a bit high, so tactics and team works are the words). I have written a system for magics, but will probably not include that in the "beta". I'm also writing rules for a shape shifter class, kinda based on Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, but I will mainly focus on the five afformentioned ones before writing any new characters at the moment.

The game is heavily focused on close quarter fighting. The Agent is mainly a "shooter" class, but will get all kind of interesting skills and goverment equipment to make up for this. I am thinking of giving some of the characters individual quests, but will probably focus on writing the main missions first.

The game is D10 based and the main attribute of the characters is Endurance. Simply put if you've got 3 Endurance you will be able to perform 3 actions each turn, and you will have to decide how to divide these actions. For example, attacking and defending agains an attack will cost you 1 Endurance each, which means if you use all your End. on attacking you won't be able to defend that turn.

There, hope that gives a little bit more insight into the game mechanics. And lastly my latest wip. I've been trying to come up with good textures for floor tiling and think this is a step in the right direction.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kakelplattor.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	656.3 KB 
ID:	57980  

Have you ever played Last Night on Earth? If not, you should; it's very similar to what you've got here. And it's a tremendously fun game.

Flying Frog Productions is the publisher.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Amazing graphics, you should work for WotC ^^

Thank you!

Apologies for the late reply, but life's been kinda hectic so I haven't had any energy to work on this project for a long time. Got this week off and finally starting to feel human again

The game is slowly moving forward. There'll be at least three different NPCs from which you'll be able to get missions and objectives. The idea is that each NPC will have a special theme, or similar, and that you decide which one to get missions from depending on your playing style. If you want much action with high chances of death you go to one of them; if you want to save innocent people trapped by monsters you go to another. I'm also working on some ideas for different campaigns, but first I have to make a bunch of missions the players can play over and over so that there's always something to do.

Anyhow, here is my latest wip, which is a kind of sewer crossing section. I hope you guys like it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8x8_sewer.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	899.0 KB 
ID:	59418

A quick update. I decided to make an example map/layout of all the sections I've done so far. Some of them are still WIP but this gives you (and me) a sense of how the finished game will look. Of course, being modular this is but one of many layouts possible. There will be many more sections and then the "map building" itself will be random, so the players don't know what the finished layout will look like.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Example_02.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	60089

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Very cool! I love the gritty/grimy feel. Very Silent Hill!

These are very cool, would fit well into a near future game as well, and would make everyone nervous about what might jump out at them while playing Has there been any further work on these?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123