Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Meridin Hill - modern horror project

Quote Originally Posted by Lingon View Post
    And yeah, I'm swedish
    Attachment 55904Attachment 55905
    Trodde väl det

I like your drawings, although they aren't exactly what I'm looking for when it comes to the art of the game. At the moment all art is highly temporary and more or less filler until I can get the right feel and such, so if you want to contribute with some drawings anyway you're welcome, but I can't guarantee they make the final stage (if we ever get there).

Currently working on my finals exam, so not much time for Meridian, but I've been going over the rules and are kind of conflicted if I should keep it as is or change the combat system (it would prolly be the 4th time I change it). Also trying to come up with ideas for more monsters and a character class based on Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde. I did run a blog about this game a year ago, but I think I might re-do it from the beginning, and be more active. In the meantime, some more tiles and layout examples.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	exempel.jpg 
Views:	399 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	56092

Name:	room_debris_01.jpg 
Views:	328 
Size:	328.8 KB 
ID:	56093

Name:	corridor_metal_01.jpg 
Views:	1122 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	56094

These are really, really beautifully done! Excellent use of textures, and your lighting/shadows give them a wonderful, creepy atmosphere. Looking forward to seeing more!

Default Sv: Meridin Hill - modern horror project

Quote Originally Posted by Neyjour View Post
    These are really, really beautifully done! Excellent use of textures, and your lighting/shadows give them a wonderful, creepy atmosphere. Looking forward to seeing more!
    Thanks! Currently trying to come up with different rooms and corridors. Going for an underground feeling, anything subway, abandoned mineshafts/hostipal basements and tunnels. Haven't got access to my project computer, so I have to do some sketches in my head (easier than pen and paper imo). You guys please feel free to recommend some good movies or games or other from which I can draw sone inspiration, or feel free to come up with your own ideas.

(this one is still very much wip)

Very nice! Love how the grate covers are removed, but still laying on the ground at an angle.

The only movie that comes to mind at the moment is Mimic (1997). A good portion of it takes place in abandoned, underground subway tunnels.

And for textures, have you checked out Grunge Textures? Lots of good ones there that would work well for your theme.

Try a Google image search on the term "urban exploration." There are tons of great blogs out there with some wonderfully creepy images.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

These are really fantastic! Very much looking forward to seeing the end product.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thanks for the responses!

So, I've decided to restart my blog for this project, and thought I should post a link to it here (since I won't be doing any art for a little while and don't want to clutter up this forum with my rantings.

Rules | Meridian Hill

I'll try to be as active as I can, although I won't post full rules or such (since I'm a little paranoid about those kind of things). But I'll greatly appreciate any C&C you guys can contribute. Oh, and since you guys recommended gritty and grunge textures and such, I'll post some textures I've done in photoshop (cause everyone like pictures, right?).

Name:	Corner_001 (2).jpg 
Views:	673 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	56319

Name:	meridian_hill_01.jpg 
Views:	424 
Size:	110.4 KB 
ID:	56320

(Btw, is there any way to edit the name of the thread? It's supposed to be Meridian, not Meridin, missed that typo when I first created the thread.)
    Last edited by RailedRobin; 08-13-2013 at 03:44 PM.

A WIP section, mostly played with creating light effects.

Name:	rum-8x8_01.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	625.2 KB 
ID:	56846

Edit: Hmm, seeing it in this smaller size makes me think it's a bit too colorful for what I'm after.

Two more WIP (one of which has been posted in an earlier verison.)

Name:	mesh_room_01.jpg 
Views:	925 
Size:	330.1 KB 
ID:	56899

Name:	8x8-floor-04.jpg 
Views:	844 
Size:	672.7 KB 
ID:	56900

Feel like I've made some progress now. I've been writing down ideas for some theme based tiles, will start working on them as soon as I've got the time, but I've just started a new job which pretty much takes all my time.

Hello again guys. I've been really busy at my new job lately, but a couple of days ago I did some map making.

I found an old piece I'd abandoned (it was too bright and cheerful) and gave it a bit of make-over. It fits the mood a bit better now, but I'll probably continue working on it. I've been putting down some ideas on paper and I pretty much know what direction some of the next sections will be. Hopefully I'll get some energy to work on them soon (getting up early and getting home late due to work). And I've also started to get the monsters a bit more thematic (are you guys interested in hearing about them, or just the board sections?).

Anyways, here's my latest piece.

Name:	T-junction.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	340.2 KB 
ID:	57829

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast