Thread: Playing with the idea of a chapel and attached infirmary for a God of healing like Pe

Default Playing with the idea of a chapel and attached infirmary for a God of healing like Pe

(And I screwed up the title)

This is an idea for a chapel with an attached infirmary for a god of healing like Pelor.

The line of rooms at the top are for the priest and the acolytes as well as meeting rooms and some kind of administrative office. The rooms along the bottom are for the healers, their apprentices and any guests.

The center is an apothecary garden to supply the infirmary.

As this is just a pencil draft, I'm working out the overall concept before I start to open up Gimp.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Green-Pilgrim; 05-19-2016 at 11:37 PM.
    Larger copies of my maps located on flickr and can be used for your enjoyment.

I'd have some kind of refectory and kitchen, and as it is a god of healing, an area where they place the dead temporarily (the people they can't help). Also if there is resurrection, perhaps a specific chamber for that ritual.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

The kitchen is something that I did totally forget. I can, however, add that as something like room #7 (with a small dining hall / meeting room next door in room #. Room #5 might make for a great room of the dead where bodies are removed from the Infirmary and wait on the family members to come and claim it.
    Great ideas!
    -GP

Throwing this design into Sketchup to see how it works out at least on the first level. The second level for the two side structures would just be the same thing but higher (as it's all open air and windows within the chapel. I think that it would look the same (on the outside) for the Infirmary but I could tuck in a set of stairs to make a second floor for the sick and injured (perhaps something like a recovery ward).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chapel-01.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	170.8 KB 
ID:	83792

Name:	chapel-02.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	160.2 KB 
ID:	83793

And here's the second floor (for the center structures) with simple wall extensions of the chapel and infirmary. I tried to add the idea of doors to this new model but I'm not so great at adding windows. So for now just imagine that I'm not keeping these people in dark, stony structures.

Next step: Mapping it.

Comments welcome
    -GP

Name:	chapel-03.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	128.7 KB 
ID:	83794

Name:	chapel-04.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	139.8 KB 
ID:	83795

And, just to get an idea of what it would look like with a roof, I put this together and even added some ideas of windows.

I'm not sure what to do with the big opening for the stairwell. Assuming that each story is about 10 feet tall, I have a large, 20 foot tall 'gap' in between the two buildings. I guess I could always enclose it and put a wall up to stop rain from blowing in or something.

Thoughts?

Attachment 83796
    Attachment 83797

Name:	chapel-06a.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	83798

Guild Adept Facebook Connected jpstod's Avatar

cool 3d work
    The Wayward Traveler
    Guildmaster Galveston Island Adventurer's Guild
    http://jpstodwftexas.deviantart.com
    http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/p...?term=John+Pau
    [url]http://www.patreon.com/TheWaywardTraveler[url]

Name:	chapel-04.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	139.8 KB 
ID:	84126

Name:	chapel-05.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	185.8 KB 
ID:	84127

Name:	chapel-06.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	67.8 KB 
ID:	84128