Thread: Beautification of existing world/city maps for 15y/o custom campaign setting

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Default Beautification of existing world/city maps for 15y/o custom campaign setting

Hey everyone,

A friend of mine has a custom campaign world he's been using for the past 15ish years, and we were discussing this weekend that the maps he has been using, though functional, are far from pretty. These were all done in MS Paint a few years ago.

I'm posting on his behalf since he only has a tablet right now, and cannot go through the updating / beautification process on the maps and we were hoping that someone could help us out.

Links to the specific maps to be updated

World map of Aestas
    • The grey area in the middle should be "darker" as this is the permanent shadow of the ring system orbiting the planet

Dutchy of Silver water (Regional Map)

Silverwater City

The Genre is Fantasy (Think most D&D Settings, or Earth Middle / Dark Ages). The Map style could be just about anything honestly, we're not looking for anything super time consuming or anything like that.

He would like to retain all the rights to the maps, but is absolutely willing to give credit where it is due, and include links / map creator information on his site.
    Also, some creative license can be taken with the world map, for areas that are not currently in color, as these are "unexplored" for the most part.

Please contact me at khinxman@gmail.com if you are interested, or have any further questions that can't be easily answered here on the forums.

THANKS!
    Last edited by pharaun; 07-03-2013 at 08:48 AM.