Thread: Best Software for Curved Text

Default Best Software for Curved Text

Hi

What is the best (preferably free) software for making curved text for map labels? I am using GIMP and I am fully aware of the technique for that software, and have mastered it to do it routinely, but I find it very inconvenient, time-consuming and tiring.

Do you know of any add-ons, plug-ins, or just normal features of GIMP and/or other programs which make this an easy simple task?

Thanks

Blog Entries

Inkscape is what you're looking for.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

When I need curved text for photoshop I do the text in Illustrator and just copy it over once it looks right. You can probably use a similar process to go from Inkscape to GIMP. Vectors are so friendly!

cheers,
    Meshon

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Hey Guys well 'HeliosPaint 1.5' is the best software for curved the text.Thanks!!

Most every image editor and vector application can do this easily, though I find vector applications do it more quickly, easily and is always editable. Some applications can't do this, but those that can do so easily, so is there a best program for curved text - not really.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations