Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roseville

Quote Originally Posted by Caenwyr View Post
    Have you tried the portable version of GIMP? You can run it from a usb-stick, with absolutely zero files being installed on the computer. I use it all the time when I'm at work. You can find it here.
    Thanks for the link, I'll definentily give it a shot.

I got gimp to work on my computer. I think this is going to have to be something I do on paper. I can't figure out how to use the program. The current digital map is up for grabs. I'm not able to learn this computer stuff.

If anybody wants the original bmp for this project e-mail me at darkseed2012@yahoo.com
    Last edited by darkseed2012; 07-14-2013 at 02:20 PM. Reason: giving access to original files

I decided to redo this map on paper and change the layout of the town a little. I'm adding a wall and making major changes, but it is still Roseville. I might stick with the name or change it to fit with Medieval England, where I am going to place the town as Roselineshire. I am thinking of having a meat and leather industry as the mainstays of the town. What I found out about medieval leather making, this isn't going to be a pleasant place to live. As a port town it is likely to be wealthy in terms of access to trade on the North Sea into the Baltic. I think I will place the town in around the time just before the Black Death swept across Europe about 1345. Basically this is a map of the fictitious town of Roselineshire, England in 1345. I will have a photo of my paper map tomorrow when it is day and the light is better. The map is in my established style on this sight.

As promised, I have a photo of my paper version of Roselineshire.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roselineshire.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	171.2 KB 
ID:	58353

Blog Entries

Oh, I like the paper version

As will pretty much always be said, it's best to scan in maps rather than take photos of them, unless you're a professional photographer.
    So if you're going to do some detail-work/put some words on, it'd be nice to have scans.

Quote Originally Posted by foremost View Post
    Oh, I like the paper version

As will pretty much always be said, it's best to scan in maps rather than take photos of them, unless you're a professional photographer.
    So if you're going to do some detail-work/put some words on, it'd be nice to have scans.
    I will upload a scanned image one I complete the map. I don't own a scanner and scanning costs a lot at Kinkos.

I have worked on my Roselineshire map some. This is my first map without laying out floor plans for the buildings. I like how it is coming out. I think the final product will appear as 19th century Sanburn Fire Insurance maps. When I complete this project I am going to leave it up and make the file available to anyone that wants to make a professional aerial map of the town for their campaigns or world building projects. Just make note of the real artist. All this information will be presented upon completion.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01303.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	372.9 KB 
ID:	68346

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12