Thread: Hello from Japan!

Default Hello from Japan!

Well, I started a VTT Pathfinder game a couple of months ago. The website has some free maps but they're not quite the quality I would like for creating atmosphere. Doing a quick Google search led me here and, I must say, I am incredibly impressed with the level of skill I have seen in the community. Having zero experience with map-creation myself, I was all too pleased to see so many talented posters on this site and had to join myself.

Looking forward to perusing through more maps.

Just a quick inquiry. Is it possible to commission artists to do a more professional rendering of maps through this site? I have very, VERY rough drawings I did in MS Paint for world creation but would love to find a way to get a much more thrilling map made. Although, I wouldn't want to start a thread if it's against forum rules and regulations.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Yes it is indeed possible to put up commission requests. in fact we have an entire forum just for that purpose here. I STRONGLY suggest you first read this if you want a better response to your request though. We also have a very useful Tutorial forum where you can pick up all kinds of techniques for programs other than Paint so you can make your own.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

I think Korash has already responded to your inquiry so I'll simply say welcome to the Guild rebeaty!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thank you for the information and the warm welcome. I downloaded GIMP and have started through some basic tutorials on this site. I'm not incredibly skilled as an artist but it's a lot of fun to give it a shot. Right now I am working on a world map, doing the mountains, trees, forests, swamps, etc. is a bit trickier than I thought but I'm going to give it a shot. Thanks once again for the links!