Thread: Hello from South Africa

Guild Applicant

Post Hello from South Africa

Good Day all,

I'm new to the Guild , but have been browsing for a while now and are pretty impressed with some of the creations if not all of them.

I'm fairly new to the field of cartography but had a passion for old maps for quite a while and are very much a lover of fantasy novels. I recently started the third installment of The Demon Cycle series from Peter V. Brett, The Daylight War, and have decided to make a fan map/art of the known world of Thesa, with added locations and traveling routes that took place by the lead characters of the series and at what time.

At the moment I am still looking at different tutorials to see which style/approach would best fit the purpose. Any help on this endeavour would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Welcome to the guild The_Jachal! Not familiar with the series myself but sounds like a cool project. Best thing to do once you find a tutorial that you want to try out is to post up a WIP thread and ask for feedback. That way you can receive corrective feedback early and pick up new tips and tricks. Looking forward to seeing you around.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

You came to the right place

Welcome
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
    Albert Einstein

Guild Applicant

Hi Arsheesh

Thanks for the welcoming. I've been thinking about the project and are going to add a few details outside from just having a map, sort of a grimoire thing, hope it is going to work.