Thread: In need of a creative treasure map!! [PAID]

Map In need of a creative treasure map!! [PAID]

Hi Cartographers!

I am working on a project where I am in need of a TREASURE MAP type design of an island.

Specs:

Target market/audience is tourists, so light and fun is the theme here, but also not too cartoony. I am looking for a true treasure map feel for it: Sepia type, burnt, parchment texture in the background with the map of the island itself having a drawn type look to it. I want to keep it colorful and fun, NOT dark or gloomy. This will be a map of an actual island so it needs to be real and scale-able. I will let you know which island it is and send you an example of something similar once we open communication privately.
    The map will be for print and web so dimensions may vary
    Printed version will need to be 11x17 (this is not set in stone yet so it may change)
    I also need a portion of the whole map that is highlighted. I.e. the downtown area of the island will be detailed in another section to show more detail for that part of town.

Looking for professional / semi professional
    Vector format is best

I don't have a deadline, however, I would like to have the map design in production within the next month (by Oct. 1)

I would like reproduction rights, copyrights, and I will have the right to use the image for commercial purposes.
    The artist will have the right to exhibit the image as part of his portfolio but not to exploit it for commercial gain.

Please contact me at:
    emmy.kuehn at yahoo - dot - com
    or via phone at:
    three zero three - 578 - seven eight 45

Thank you very much and I look forward to speaking with some of you soon!!

Emmy

Guild Novice

A map by Oct. 1st is not likely but I am interested. Is this for commercial purposes?

So what's the scoop here? I emailed examples and said I could have gotten this done by Oct 1 for you. No response at all from you. Replying to me would have been the polite thing to do - even if I was not chosen. At this point, I am out. There's no way I can do it in 3 days.
    JSM

Guild Novice

I didn't hear anything either...dead end.