Thread: Almost finished map

Default Almost finished map

I made a few changes from my original map. I tried to save it in a resolution that would be more enjoyable but for whatever reason I could not. I know that a lot of things look out of place, awkward and it looks crowed, the settlements are too small to see its uninteresting and not believable like that one small desert like area that is right next to that lush forest area and the mountains and stuff like that but yea what do you think of what I have so far and how do you think I can improve it?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UPPERLands~23.JPG 
Views:	140 
Size:	4.25 MB 
ID:	55893

Bravo! What a cool map. I love how small your symbols are, giving the forests and mountain ranges an expansive feeling. However I don't know if you are nearly finished if you plan to put that level of detail on the other continental landmasses! It looks like this would be a lot of work.

Some art features I really like are the ice floes (such as in The Rent area). Your rivers and lakes are lovely, appearing believable to me. The lava areas are intimidating and numerous, and while those might not be realistic, they are good for a fantasy story world.

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    Bravo! What a cool map. I love how small your symbols are, giving the forests and mountain ranges an expansive feeling. However I don't know if you are nearly finished if you plan to put that level of detail on the other continental landmasses! It looks like this would be a lot of work.

Some art features I really like are the ice floes (such as in The Rent area). Your rivers and lakes are lovely, appearing believable to me. The lava areas are intimidating and numerous, and while those might not be realistic, they are good for a fantasy story world.
    Thank you for your feed back i'm glade that you liked it :-) this is the best bit of feed back i have ever gotten on one of my post which surprised me because I have no idea what i'm doing , this is my third serious map and yes just that continent was a ton of work, I put so much on it that cc3 started moving at a glaciers pace and yes I do plan on putting a ton of detail in the other continents.

I have to admit that I personally don't like the way this CC style portraits mountains ranges. They look to dispersed to my eye.

But what you did with this map: great goodness, this thing is immense! I can't imagine the amount of time, work and sweat you must have put into it.

Please don't rush the rest of the map... it will be worth it!