Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: *** July Challenge - Mapping the Novel***

If it a novel that has been published it works, doesn't matter what the format is.

P.S. The reason for the requirement was because there are already number of authors here who are creating maps for their world. So without the "published" clause the challenge might turn out to be pretty much a rehash of what is already taking place.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected TempyTheCleric's Avatar

Schwarzkreuz you have my heart and soul if you map Stephen Erickson world! Will you be doing the ENTIRE world, or sections. I think mapping some of the warrens would be AWESOME! I could go off on those books for hours but for now ill just say i CANNOT wait to see what you do!

Blog Entries

Hmm... I could be tempted with this one. If I did join it would probably be something from Tolkien, either Middle Earth or maybe the Undying Lands. I've had a hankering to attempt both those in the past but I also feel as they have been pretty much done to death I would need to throw some serious time at a map to try and elevate it to something worth doing. Not sure if the challenge schedule will fit in with that.
    Still... very tempted. I think I'll sleep on it.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Ramah View Post
    Hmm... I could be tempted with this one. If I did join it would probably be something from Tolkien, either Middle Earth or maybe the Undying Lands. I've had a hankering to attempt both those in the past but I also feel as they have been pretty much done to death I would need to throw some serious time at a map to try and elevate it to something worth doing. Not sure if the challenge schedule will fit in with that.
    Still... very tempted. I think I'll sleep on it.
    How about a map of Beleriand? It is also in Tolkien's universe, very important for the Silmarillion and it hasn't been done to death...yet
    All in all, i'd very much like to see you taking part, Ramah. Because your maps always are a thing of beauty!

@ Miranda - Word! I hope SK does a worldmap. If not, i hope he does the seven cities continent, the continent where Lether is or Quon Tali.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Hmmm maybe Assail ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    How about a map of Beleriand? It is also in Tolkien's universe, very important for the Silmarillion and it hasn't been done to death...yet
    Hmm, possibly, although if I'm honest I have less interest in Beleriand and I'm not really sure why. I think most of all I'd love to do a version of Valinor. The Undying Lands have always held a fascination for me. My very first online name, from way back in the AOL days (preceding Ramah by a month or so when I subscribed to Wireplay) was Ungoliant. Big, evil spiders ftw!
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected TempyTheCleric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzkreuz View Post
    Hmmm maybe Assail ?
    wonderful! Also i tried to RE your pm and unfortunately you have no more space ) so i have your reply waiting for when you ca receive it.

Just emptied my bucket

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda Hartrampf View Post
    wonderful! Also i tried to RE your pm and unfortunately you have no more space ) so i have your reply waiting for when you ca receive it.

This month allready is a very stunning competition. So far i like all WIPs, and Sapiento is almost finished in One day. I hope we will still see more participants.

Guild Member Facebook Connected Nighthawk's Avatar

I was considering doing the internal map of Magrathea, as envisioned in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (specifically the television series), complete with the planet building chambers and all that. I don't know if I'll have time to do that, though.

I may have some simpler ideas I can whip up...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast